Join Our Team
At B Lab, we pride ourselves on creating an?inclusive and flexible workplace that allows all staff to flourish. Recognized as one?of Fast Company’s 2020 Most Innovative Companies,?our team at B Lab?is innovative and enthusiastic about building an inclusive and sustainable economy.?Our headquarters are in Berwyn, PA, USA, with additional U.S. offices in Philadelphia, PA; New York, NY; Denver, CO; and Oakland, CA. We also have team members?located in Melbourne, Australia;?S?o Paulo, Brazil; Toronto, Canada; Santiago, Chile; Amsterdam, Netherlands; and London, UK.
In June 2020, we released our commitment to becoming an anti-racist organization. B Lab has embarked on a learning journey consisting of education on anti-Black racism and other forms of global oppression while centering justice in our work. Our commitment written by Dr. Ellonda L. Williams, Director of the Justice, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion team at B Lab?states that:
"B Lab is trying to strike the balance between understanding that we need to do more and trying to find the right speed at which to go."
We hope that B Lab is a place where all can thrive and that our commitment does not hinder your interest in joining our team. We ask that you please read our commitment and reflect on this as you consider taking the next step in your career with us.
Please note: Our teams are all working from their homes through March 2022 as we continue to monitor local, national, and international public health guidance.
This is where all opportunities for B Lab Global and B Lab U.S. & Canada are posted. See each global partner's website for information on career opportunities with our friends in the B Lab and Sistema B global network.
Internships: At this time, B Lab Global and B Lab U.S. & Canada?are not facilitating an internship program. If we do open up opportunities to join our team as an intern, these will also? be posted on this careers page.
Opportunities with B Lab Global
Commercial Attorney (Contracts)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Lead Standards Assessor
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Opportunities with B Lab U.S. & Canada
Senior Director of Community
Flexible locations within the U.S.?and?Canada
Our Guiding Principles
As people who are part of an organization that seeks to create a shared and durable prosperity we are...
- We value and embrace diversity of identities, experiences, thoughts, needs, and approaches.
- We communicate frequently, collaborate thoughtfully, learn from, challenge, and celebrate one another and our work. ?
- We are transparent, quick to listen, and informed to act.?
- We give and seek continuous feedback and use every opportunity to learn.
- We find leverage and spend our time on what is most important.
- We take action on the urgency of our mission at a pace that doesn’t compromise engagement and care of people & place.
- We don’t take ourselves too seriously.?
- We prioritize wellness and make time for fun and laughter.
- We start at home —?to change the system we must first challenge and change ourselves.
- We remain agile — testing, iterating, and failing forward to find new solutions.
- We welcome new ideas and ask ourselves tough questions to drive honest and transparent dialogue about the answers.
- We embrace uncertainty and accountability.
Our Employee Benefits
We consider our staff’s wellness as the key to our organization’s success, and we consider the diverse ways in which wellness extends beyond the workday. We provide a robust benefits package that includes:
- Comprehensive healthcare plan, including medical/dental/vision insurance and FSA
- Commuter (transit and parking) benefit program
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Basic life insurance
- 403(b) retirement plan with up to 3% match
- Paid time off for volunteering (after 1 year on the team)
- Paid time off, and budget, for professional development (after 1 year on the team)
- Family leave policy
- Three weeks paid time off for vacation
- Unlimited sick and personal days —?if you need them, take them
Our Approach to Hiring
B Lab believes an equitable and inclusive work environment and a diverse, empowered team are key to achieving our mission. We’re not looking for candidates who are “culture fits.” We’re looking for candidates who can expand our perspective and challenge business as usual. We strive to foster an environment where all staff can bring their whole selves to work, by their own definition.
As an organization, we stand against anti-Black racism and all forms of oppression including transphobia, classism, sexism, and xenophobia. We commit to a focused and sustained action to dismantle racist systems, policies, practices, and ideologies within ourselves and our networks. As we continue to learn about injustice, we embrace radical reorientation of our consciousness and will listen to the voices of Black, Brown, Indigenous and marginalized peoples to catalyze equitable outcomes for all.
At B Lab an equitable, diverse and inclusive workplace is one where all employees and volunteers, whatever their gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, sexual orientation or identity, education or disability, feel?valued and respected. We are committed to a nondiscriminatory approach and provide equal opportunity for employment and advancement in all of our teams, programs, and worksites. We respect and value diverse life experiences and heritages and ensure that all voices are valued and heard.
More Career Opportunities
Job seekers should also check out B Work, the largest impact job?and internship?board, updated daily with new openings at Certified B Corporations.